The Governing Body
Follow this link for details of Govenors, Register of Interests and meeting attendance for 2016/17.
The role of the governing body is to work closely with the Headteacher to make key strategic decisions which continually seek to improve the school. It has a range of duties and powers and a general responsibility for the conduct of the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement.
The governing body is responsible for the appointment of the Headteacher and whilst the Headteacher is responsible for leading and managing the school on a day to day basis, the governing body sets the longer term vision for the school. The governing body is also responsible for:
- managing the school's finances, agreeing the schools budget, and how the money is spent
- setting targets for pupil achievement
- monitoring all aspects of the school polices and procedures, school improvement and children's progress
- making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- reviewing staff performance and pay
- providing support and challenge at governing body meetings to ensure the decisions made are in the best interests of the children and that they add value and have impact.