At Mill Rythe Junior School we believe that every child should be valued and their unique set of talents and abilities celebrated.
We celebrate children's achievements in many ways including:
- Regular year group awards presented in an assembly to celebrate children's overall effort, achievements in Maths and English and sporting success.
- A weekly star of the week award for each class.
- Citizenship awards for children who have contributed something to either the school or wider community.
- Regular opportunities in whole-school assemblies to celebrate achievements out of school i.e. sporting or musical successes.
- Celebrating acts of kindness through the 'Kindness Box'.
- End of year awards for year 6 children leaving the school.
- Termly and annual 100% attendance awards.
- The 'Peter Hull Award' presented by the Headteacher to celebrate positivity and effort.
In addition to this, we believe that simply saying 'well done' or 'thank you' to members of our school community who have exemplified the school values is a powerful way of promoting a positive school culture.
About Our School…
We are a three form entry junior school based on Hayling Island, on the south coast of England. We currently have approximately 300 children on role aged between 7 and 11 years. The school was originally established in 1862 but has grown and changed significantly since then!
We pride ourselves on being a happy and successful school where the children’s needs always come first. In 2010 the school was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Since then the governors and leadership team have put in place an ambitious improvement plan to ensure that the school continues to improve and develop further.