Our vision is to create and maintain a school where:
- We strive for excellence in all that we do.
- We continually aim to improve and to be the best that we can be.
- Everyone is valued and their unique set of talents are celebrated and supported.
- Every member of the school community is supported to achieve their full potential.
- Everyone is treated fairly, honestly, with kindness and with respect – we treat others how we would like to be treated ourselves.
- We work hard but also laugh and smile.
- Learning is fun, enjoyable and irresistible so that we want to become life-long learners
The Mill Rythe Five -
5 questions to ask yourself every day
- What have I learnt today?
- Have I worked hard?
- Have I been the best I can be?
- Have I been kind to others?
- Have I laughed and smiled?
About Our School…
We are a three form entry junior school based on Hayling Island, on the south coast of England. We currently have approximately 300 children on role aged between 7 and 11 years. The school was originally established in 1862 but has grown and changed significantly since then!
We pride ourselves on being a happy and successful school where the children’s needs always come first. In 2010 the school was judged to be ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. Since then the governors and leadership team have put in place an ambitious improvement plan to ensure that the school continues to improve and develop further.